Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sleep Apnea / CPAP Machine Users

     Sleep Apnea is a respiratory condition that millions of people suffer from each night. This condition results in the person having episodes of  "no breathing" while they sleep. People who suffer from this condition have to wear CPAP masks that ofter appear and feel uncomfortable. The article eluded to patients who are non-compliant with this form of treatment because of its embarrasing appearance and uncomfortable design. I chose to comment on this blog because my father suffers from this condition. He has to wear this large face mask which provides the oxygen that he needs. When he first began this form of treatment, he would seldom wear the mask. He said that it was too bulky and it affected my parents ability to "cuddle". I thought that was cute, but I expressed to him that he has to be alive to cuddle (smile). The blogger wanted to stress that there are a variety of mask options for CPAP users. This knowledge is very useful because I can pass it on to my parents. My father is doing much better now with this equipment . My parents have learned to function around it and my father feels less embarrassed. I am sure there are many others who can benefit from knowing that they have design options that may fit their needs better than what they currently have.
   

1 comment:

  1. I blogged on this same topic and as I stated before the overall concept of the mask is a great thing it’s just going to take some time for some people to actually get used to the benefits and dealing with the discomfort until they get used to it.

    ReplyDelete